Naturally, with the biggest and worst crimes (the ones that capture media attention across the United States), bail is set very high. We decided to round up some of the United States’ most high-profile bail bond court cases. Unless you’ve been living under a rock, it’s likely you remember at least hearing these people’s name in the media.
- O.J. Simpson, known for his legal troubles instead of his status as a former NFL player, was arrested for robbing a hotel casino at gunpoint. His bail was set at $125,000 and he was also ordered to not contact his co-conspirators. He violated that order and bail was raised to $250,000.
- George Zimmerman’s bail was set at $150,000 for killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. When the court found out that Zimmerman and his wife raised over $130,000 online, the bail amount was raised to $1 million. Apparently Zimmerman and his wife lied about their financial security.
- Bernie Madoff, known for the largest financial fraud in US history ($65 billion!), had his bail set to $10 million. He also needed to have 4 people co-sign bail, which he failed to do so. After re-evaluating his bail conditions, the court basically freed Madoff on house arrest with curfew and travel restrictions. The people of the United States were not happy about this. However, he is now in jail.
If you need assitance with bailing out a loved one, call Orange County Bail Bond Store Service today at 714-648-0586.
A bail bond allows an arrested individual to be released from jail and live their lives until they are ordered to appear in court. The court will set a bail amount that the arrested individual must pay to get this release. If they cannot meet the bail amount alone or with loved ones willing to help, they can seek help from a professional bail bond agent. Instead of paying the court the full bail amount, they will only pay the bail agent a percentage of the bail amount. The bail agent will then meet the court’s requirements for the arrested individual.
Orange County Bail Bond Store Service is ready to help you in bailing out one of your loved ones.
- Know the name of the arrested person, and where they are held. We will contact the jail for the rest of the information.
- Fill out paperwork to post the bond. We will work together on a payment schedule that is affordable and acceptable for you.
- We will process the paperwork then hand it over to the jail to process. Please be aware that while filling out the forms only takes a few minutes of your time with us, the jail will take longer to process it. It may take a few hours.
- Make sure your loved one appears in court when asked. Failure to do so will render the bail bond null. There will be further consequences in this case.
To make an appointment with Orange County Bail Bond Store Service, call 714-648-0586 now. Our lines are open 24/7!