Even after all the fires and bursts, hoverboards still seem to be one of the trendiest toys. However, you will probably see less children with them than you did this time last year because, starting January 1, 2016, only people 16 years or older can ride one. Other laws have been introduced in addition to the new age requirement law.
- Speed on the hoverboard may not exceed 15 miles per hour.
- Riders must wear a helmet at all times.
- Riders must stay on streets where the posted speed limit does not exceed 35 miles per hour.
- Boards must be accessorized with reflectors and lights for nighttime visibility and safety.
- Riders must be 100% sober of alcohol and drugs while riding a hoverboard.
Violations can result in fines and even jail time in the most extreme cases. That would certainly be a bummer to owning a hoverboard. The purpose of these new laws obviously is to promote safety not only for hoverboard owners and riders, but also for drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists.
We cannot help you if you have a problem with these new hoverboard laws, but we can help you out of jail if you are arrested for violating any of these laws.
Orange County Bail Bond Store has affordable, low monthly rate bail bonds that get defendants released from jail quicker than other bail bond companies.